The SGNA GI Nurse Sedation Website is a one-stop shop for all things sedation information for GI nurses. It will allow you to explore key information dedicated to help improve the success of endoscopic procedures with safe and effective administration of sedatives and analgesics.
We wouldn’t want to put you to sleep by rattling off everything the website has to offer, so here are the 10 key takeaways you’ll get from this great SGNA resource.
1. Read about the differences of all types of sedative methods including mild or moderate sedation, monitored anesthesia care (MACs), and general anesthesia.
2. Learn how to properly administer sedatives depending on the procedure.
3. Find out more about reversal, adjunct and anesthetic agents as well as other considerations in regards to various medications.
4. Learn how to properly prep the patient and procedure equipment under necessary protocol.
5. Discover several special circumstances that may alter the normal course of sedation such as pregnancy, obstructive sleep apnea and pediatrics.
6. Read all about NAPS and CAPS.
7. Find various links and resources to other societies, additional resources and networking opportunities.
8. Learn about your state regulations on sedation.
9. Gain the opportunity to educate other GI nurses on everything listed above as well as ensuring overall excellence in nurse-administered anesthesia care.
10. The completion of the Sedation for Gastroenterology Nurses module will let you earn 1.50 contact hours. But act quick — the module will no longer be available after September 18, 2017.
For all of this information and much more, visit the website here.
The SGNA GI Nurse Sedation website is generously supported by Medtronic.